As the weather warms and flowers bloom, thoughts turn to exchanging the drabness and darkness of winter for the bright freshness of spring. The annual ritual of spring cleaning has deep roots associated with various cultures and traditions. Today, the exercise of deep cleaning in springtime is practiced by 72 percent of Americans, and more than half (57 percent) of U.S. consumers say they shop for spring/summer apparel items during this time of year.
Whether you plan to rejuvenate your home or refresh your wardrobe (or both!), include Goodwill in your spring plans. You can help give people in the Southwest Alabama & Northwest Florida community a fresh start through job training and placement, which is supported by donating to and shopping at Goodwill Easterseals stores.
Through its social enterprise model, Goodwill Easterseals sells donated items to create job opportunities and programs for job seekers, including youth, older workers, veterans and military families, people with disabilities and disadvantages, and others with specialized needs. In 2015, local Goodwill organizations collectively placed 312,000 people in employment in the U.S. and Canada, and more than 35 million people accessed Goodwill education classes, mentoring services and training online to strengthen their skills.
By donating to Goodwill during this spring cleaning season, you can extend the lifecycle of your goods, which helps the environment while creating employment programs in our community. After you donate, why not also spend some time shopping at Goodwill Easterseals, replenishing your wardrobe while helping even more?
Here are 12 great ways to spring into action!
- Head to your local Goodwill Easterseals store and create a mix-and-match collection of glasses to use as a great centerpiece and guest giveaway at your next spring fling gathering.
- Put a spring in your step with the perfect spring soundtrack. At Goodwill Easterseals, you’ll find a selection of vinyl records from artists old and new. What’s your pleasure?
- Explore. Breathe in that fresh spring air and get outside again! Visit the National Park Service and prepare for your spring camping trip with gear and equipment found at Goodwill Easterseals.
- Design a statement wall in your home and show off your individual style with Goodwill’s selection of mirrors, frames, baskets, art, clocks, plates and other decorative items.
- Get moving! Spring cleaning isn’t just for your closet. Toss out unhealthy winter habits and shape up for spring with workout clothes and equipment from Goodwill Easterseals.
- Donate the business attire you no longer wear. You’ll be helping your community and someone else can use it to rock their interview or first day at a new job.
- Did you resolve to stop looking at your smartphone to find out the time every five minutes? Spring forward while being fashion forward with a new watch from Goodwill Easterseals.
- Play! Tis the season for spring sports — think, soccer, softball, lacrosse, golf — and you can save on sports equipment. Be a game changer for someone in your community by shopping at Goodwill Easterseals for your gear.
- Power up and change your community. Donate your electronics for someone else to enjoy and be a sustainable shopper by picking up something for yourself!
- Shop for spring style. Warmer weather means time to shed those layers! Update your wardrobe with bright colors and patterns by shopping at Goodwill Easterseals.
- Clean out the clutter and organize your space. Take your unwanted items to Goodwill Easterseals and pick up some storage bins or creative storage items while you’re there.
- Grow opportunity and plant seeds of change in your community this spring by donating to and shopping at Goodwill Easterseals. Get your gardening items and creative planting pots to create the perfect outdoor landscapes.
No matter how you celebrate the arrival of spring, by including Goodwill Easterseals in your warm weather plans, you can make a significant and lasting impact in the Southwest Alabama & Northwest Florida community well past summer.
Happy spring from Goodwill Easterseals of the Gulf Coast!